A Randomised, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Parallel Group Efficacy and Safety Study of BI 1356 (5 mg) Administered Orally Once Daily Over 24 Weeks, With an Open-label Extension to One Year (Placebo Patients Switched to BI 1356), in Type 2 Diabetic Patients With Insufficient Glycaemic Control Despite a Therapy of Metformin in Combination With a Sulphonylurea.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 01 Oct 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Linagliptin (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 17 Sep 2013 Data will be presented at the 49th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD), according to a Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly media release.
- 22 Jul 2011 Results published in the Diabetic Medicine.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History