A Randomised, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Parallel Group Efficacy and Safety Study of BI 1356 (5 mg) Administered Orally Once Daily Over 24 Weeks, With an Open-label Extension to One Year (Placebo Patients Switched to BI 1356), in Type 2 Diabetic Patients With Insufficient Glycaemic Control Despite a Therapy of Metformin in Combination With a Sulphonylurea.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 17 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Linagliptin (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 17 Aug 2017 Results (n=2065) of pooled analysis of this and other similar 15 studies assessing efficacy and safety based upon age, obesity, and renal function, published in the Advances in Therapy.
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 17 Sep 2013 Data will be presented at the 49th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD), according to a Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History