A Phase III, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled, Multicenter, 3-Period, 14-Day Crossover Study to Determine the 24-h Lung Function Profile of Indacaterol (300 microg once daily) in Patients With Moderate-to-Severe COPD, Using Open-Label Salmeterol (50 microg twice per day) as Active Control
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 04 Nov 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Indacaterol (Primary) ; Salmeterol
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 04 Nov 2009 Primary endpoint 'Forced-expiratory-volume-in-1-second' has been met.
- 04 Nov 2009 Results reported at the 75th Annual Meeting of the American College of Chest Physicians: Chest 2009.
- 10 Jul 2009 Actual patient number (68) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.