A Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Comparative Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Ceftaroline Versus Ceftriaxone, With Adjunctive Clarithromycin, in the Treatment of Adult Subjects With Community-Acquired Pneumonia.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 05 Jun 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Ceftaroline fosamil (Primary) ; Ceftriaxone; Clarithromycin
- Indications Bacterial infections; Community-acquired pneumonia
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms FOCUS-1; FOCUS-I
- Sponsors Cerexa
- 05 Jun 2017 Results of subgroup analysis from two phase III studies (FOCUS-1 and FOCUS-2) presented at the ASM Microbe 2017.
- 12 Apr 2016 Results from CANVAS-1, CANVAS 2, COVERS, FOCUS 1, FOCUS 2 and Asia CAP trials (n=4055) presented at the 26th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- 01 Nov 2010 The FDA has approved ceftaroline fosamil for the treatment of community-acquired bacterial pneumonia based on results from this study, according to a Forest media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History