A prospective, double-blind, multi center, randomized clinical study to compare the efficacy and safety of ertapenem 3 days versus ampicillin-sulbactam [sulbactam/ampicillin] 3 days in the treatment of localized community acquired intra-abdominal infection (IAI). (T.E.A. study three days ertapenem vs three days ampicillin- sulbactam).
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 01 Jan 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Ertapenem (Primary) ; Sulbactam/ampicillin
- Indications Bacterial infections; Intra-abdominal infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms TEA
- 17 Aug 2011 Actual end date (Dec 2010) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 17 Aug 2011 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 29 Mar 2008 New trial record.