A Worldwide, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study of MK0524A 2g Coadministered With Intensive LDL-C Lowering Therapy Compared to Intensive LDL-C Lowering Therapy Alone on Carotid Artery Intima Media Thickening (cIMT) in Patients With Heterozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia (heFH).
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 15 Nov 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Niacin/laropiprant (Primary)
- Indications Hyperlipoproteinaemia type II
- Focus Pharmacodynamics; Registrational
- Acronyms ACHIEVE
- 23 Jun 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 900 to 1800 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 10 Sep 2009 Actual patient number (937) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 22 May 2008 Status changed from suspended to discontinued, reported by Merck media release.