PEITHO Pulmonary Embolism Thrombolysis Study A prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, international, multicentre, parallel-group comparison trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of single i.v. bolus tenecteplase plus standard anticoagulation as compared with standard anticoagulation in normotensive patients with acute pulmonary embolism and with echocardiographic (or spiral CT) and laboratory evidence of right ventricular dysfunction.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 31 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Tenecteplase (Primary) ; Fondaparinux sodium; Heparin; Low molecular weight heparins
- Indications Pulmonary embolism
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PEITHO
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 30 Mar 2017 This trial has been completed in Italy as per European Clinical Trials Database record.
- 28 Mar 2017 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed according to results published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
- 28 Mar 2017 Long-term outcome results published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History