A Randomised Controlled Trial Comparing the Efficacy of Infant Peri-exposure Prophylaxis With Lopinavir/Ritonavir (LPV/r) Versus Lamivudine to Prevent HIV-1 Transmission by Breastfeeding.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 05 Jun 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Lopinavir/ritonavir (Primary) ; Lamivudine
- Indications HIV-1 infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PROMISE-PEP
- 06 Mar 2014 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed.
- 06 Mar 2014 Results presented at the 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections.
- 05 Mar 2013 Interim results (n=763) presented at the 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections.