Long-term treatment with the oral direct thrombin inhibitor AZD0837, compared to vitamin-K antagonists, as stroke prevention in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation and one or more risk factors for stroke and systemic embolic events. A 5-year follow-up study. [EXTENSION OF 700034457]
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 30 Oct 2015
At a glance
- Drugs AZD 0837 (Primary) ; Warfarin
- Indications Embolism; Stroke; Thromboembolism
- Focus Adverse reactions
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 24 Oct 2015 Status changed from completed to discontinued as per European Clinical Trials Database record.
- 13 Jun 2012 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.