MAESTRAL - A Prospective, Multinational, Multicenter, Randomized, Double Blind, Double Dummy, Controlled Study Comparing the Efficacy and Safety of Moxifloxacin to That of Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid for the Treatment of Subjects With Acute Exacerbations of Chronic Bronchitis.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 11 Dec 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Moxifloxacin (Primary) ; Amoxicillin/clavulanic acid
- Indications Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis; Haemophilus infections; Pneumococcal infections; Staphylococcal infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms MAESTRAL
- Sponsors Bayer
- 01 Dec 2011 Results published in the European Respiratory Journal.
- 25 Sep 2011 Primary endpoint 'Clinical-failure' has been met.
- 25 Sep 2011 Results presented at the 21st Annual Congress of the European Respiratory Society, according to a Bayer HealthCare media release.