A Double-Blind Phase III Study to Evaluate the Efficacy of BI 1356 5 mg and 10 mg vs. Placebo for 12 Weeks and vs. Voglibose 0.6 mg for 26 Weeks in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Insufficient Glycaemic Control Followed by an Extension Study to 52 Weeks to Evaluate Long-Term Safety.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 Jan 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Linagliptin (Primary) ; Voglibose
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 17 Sep 2013 A meta-analysis will be presented at the 49th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD), according to a Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly media release.
- 01 Apr 2012 Primary endpoint of change in HbA1c at week 12 and 26 has been met, according to results published in Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History