A 12 week randomized, double-blind, force-titration, parallel group, multi centre, phase IIIb study to compare the efficacy of rosuvastatin with atorvastatin and placebo in the treatment of non-diabetic, non-atheroscleric, metabolic syndrome subjects with raised LDL-C [low density lipoprotein cholesterol] and a 10 year risk of CHD [coronary heart disease] greater than 10 percent.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 20 Nov 2009
At a glance
- Drugs Atorvastatin; Rosuvastatin
- Indications Hypercholesterolaemia; Hyperlipidaemia; Lipid metabolism disorders; Metabolic syndrome
- Focus Biomarker; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms COMETS
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 20 Nov 2009 Actual end date (Feb 2005) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 02 May 2008 New trial record.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History