A 24-week international, multi-centre, randomized, parallel-group, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of saxagliptin in combination with metformin in adult patients with type 2 diabetes who have inadequate glycaemic control on metformin therapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 01 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Saxagliptin (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 01 Sep 2016 Results of pooled analysis of this and eight other trials assessing efficacy and safety of sexagliptin published in the Diabetes Therapy (2016).
- 06 Feb 2012 NCT reports actual start date as June 2008 and actual end date as September 2009.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History