An Eight-Week Randomised, Double-Blind Study to Compare the Fixed-Dose Combination of Telmisartan 40mg + Amlodipine 10mg Versus Telmisartan 80mg + Amlodipine 10mg Versus Amlodipine 10mg Monotherapy in Patients With Hypertension Who Fail to Respond Adequately to Treatment With Amlodipine 10mg Monotherapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 28 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Amlodipine; Amlodipine/telmisartan
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms TEAMSTA-10
- 23 Jun 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 756 to 2530 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 13 Oct 2010 A Boehringer Ingelheim media release states the EMEA has approved telmisartan/amlodipine for the treatment of hypertension in adults.
- 26 Jul 2010 European Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) adopted a Positive Opinion for the approval of TWYNSTA based on the results of this trial and TEAMSTA-5 and TEAMSTA Severe HTN, according to a Boehringer-Ingelheim media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History