A phase III, randomized, double-blind, triple-dummy, placebo controlled, multicenter, 5-period, single-dose complete block crossover study to determine the onset of action of indacaterol (150 and 300 microg) in patients with moderate to severe COPD [chronic obstructive pulmonary disease] using salbutamol (200 microg) and salmeterol/fluticasone (50/500 microg) as active controls.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 03 Nov 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Indacaterol (Primary) ; Salbutamol; Salmeterol/fluticasone propionate
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 12 Sep 2009 Results presented at the 19th Annual Congress of the European Respiratory Society (ERS-2009).
- 12 Sep 2009 Status changed from recruiting to completed.
- 26 May 2008 New trial record.