A Randomised, Double-blind Trial to Compare the Efficacy of Rosuvastatin 5 and 10 mg to Atorvastatin 10 mg in the Treatment of High Risk Patients With Hypercholesterolemia Followed by an Open Label Treatment Period With Rosuvastatin Up-titrated to the Maximum Dose of 20 mg for Those Patients Who do Not Achieve Goal.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 23 Apr 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Atorvastatin (Primary) ; Rosuvastatin (Primary)
- Indications Hypercholesterolaemia
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 09 Mar 2012 Actual patient number changed from 438 to 934 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 09 Mar 2012 Trial phase change from IV to III as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.