A 52-Week, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of an Intramuscular Depot Formulation of Aripiprazole as Maintenance Treatment in Patients With Schizophrenia.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 20 Oct 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Aripiprazole (Primary)
- Indications Schizophrenia
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ASPIRE-US
- Sponsors Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- 20 Oct 2014 Results of a post-hoc analysis of trials NCT00705783 and NCT00706654 were presented at the 27th Annual Congress of the European College of Neuropsychopharmacology.
- 12 Feb 2014 Results from this trial contributed to the approval of once-monthly intramuscular aripiprazole in Canada based on information reported in an Otsuka Pharmaceutical and H. Lundbeck A/S media release.
- 28 Feb 2013 Once-monthly aripiprazole extended-release (Abilify Maintena) was approved by the US FDA as a treatment for schizophrenia based on results from this trial according to an H. Lundbeck A/S media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History