A Multicenter, Double-blind, Randomized Study to Compare the Efficacy of 24 Weeks Treatment With Fixed Combination Therapy of Vildagliptin and Metformin (25/1000 mg Bid) Versus Metformin Monotherapy (1000 mg Bid) in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Inadequately Controlled With Metformin Monotherapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 28 Jan 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Vildagliptin/metformin (Primary) ; Metformin
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 01 Mar 2011 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 01 Mar 2011 Actual end date (Feb 2010) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 04 Nov 2009 Status changed from recruiting to active, no longer recruiting as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.