A Randomised, db, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel Group Efficacy and Safety Study of BI 1356 (5mg), Administered Orally Once Daily for 18 Weeks Followed by a 34 Week Double-Blind Extension Period (Placebo Patients Switched to Glimepiride) in Type 2 Diabetic Patients With Insufficient Glycaemic Control for Whom Metformin Therapy is Inappropriate (Intolerability or Contraindication).
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 11 Dec 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Linagliptin (Primary) ; Glimepiride
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 17 Sep 2013 A meta-analysis will be presented at the 49th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD), according to a Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly media release.
- 04 Dec 2011 34-week extension study results presented at the 21st World Diabetes Congress.
- 24 Sep 2010 Primary endpoint 'Proportion of glycosylated haemoglobin' has been met, according to interim results reported at the 46th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History