Randomized phase III study of FOLFOX plus bevacizumab versus FOLFIRI plus bevacizumab for metastatic colorectal cancer.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 02 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Bevacizumab (Primary) ; Fluorouracil; Folinic acid; Irinotecan; Oxaliplatin
- Indications Colorectal cancer
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- 02 Mar 2017 According to a Merck KGaA media release, based on the data from this and other three studies (CTP: 8930,15696 and 60760) the UK National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has issued a positive Final Appraisal Determination (FAD) recommending the routine National Health Service (NHS) use of Erbitux (cetuximab) in combination with either FOLFIRI or FOLFOX as a first-line treatment for patients with RAS wild-type metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC).
- 21 Jan 2017 Results presented at the 2017 Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium.
- 13 May 2016 Primary endpoint (Progression-free survival) has been met as results published in the Annals of Oncology.