An 8-Week Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel-Group, Multi-Center, Active-Controlled Dose Escalation Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Aliskiren HCTZ (300/25 mg) Compared to HCTZ (25 mg) in Older Patients With Stage 2 Systolic Hypertension.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 20 Jun 2011
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren/hydrochlorothiazide (Primary) ; Hydrochlorothiazide
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Pharmacodynamics; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ACTION
- Sponsors Novartis
- 20 Jun 2011 Central blood pressure results presented at the 21st European Meeting on Hypertension.
- 09 Jun 2011 Pooled pharmacodynamic results assessing the effects of treatment on plasma renin activity published in the Journal of Clinical Pharmacology.
- 01 May 2010 Results presented at 25th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Society of Hypertension.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History