Effect of Chronic Macrolide Administration on the Frequency and Severity of COPD Exacerbations.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 21 Oct 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Azithromycin (Primary)
- Indications Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis; Bacterial infections; Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Biomarker; Therapeutic Use
- 25 Aug 2011 Results published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- 18 May 2011 Primary endpoint 'Time-to-exacerbation-of-symptoms' has been met according to an abstract presented at the 107th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society.
- 18 May 2011 Results presented at the 107th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society.