An 8 Week, Double-Blind, Randomized, Parallel Group, Active-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of the Combination of Aliskiren /Amlodipine / HCTZ in Patients With Moderate to Severe Hypertension.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 02 May 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren/amlodipine/hydrochlorothiazide (Primary) ; Aliskiren/amlodipine; Aliskiren/hydrochlorothiazide; Amlodipine/hydrochlorothiazide
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Biomarker; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- 22 Jul 2012 Results published in the Journal of Hypertension.
- 23 Dec 2010 Based on results from this study, the US FDA has approved Amturnide, a fixed combination of aliskiren/amlodipine/hydrochlorothiazide, for the treatment of hypertension, according to a Novartis media release.
- 30 Sep 2010 Results from a subset of patients presented at the 23rd Scientific Meeting of the International Society of Hypertension.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History