A Randomized, 32 Week Double-Blind, Parallel-Group, Multicenter Study to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of Initiating Treatment With Combination (Aliskiren/Amlodipine) Therapy in Comparison With the Sequential Add-on Treatment Strategies in Patients With Essential Hypertension.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 27 Jan 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren/amlodipine (Primary) ; Aliskiren; Amlodipine
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ACCELERATE
- Sponsors Novartis
- 24 May 2011 Results presented at the 26th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Society of Hypertension.
- 16 May 2011 Trial phase changed from III to IV as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 13 Jan 2011 Results were published in the Lancet [online].
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History