A Randomized Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Effects of High Dose Statin and Niacin Therapy on Excised Plaque Biomarkers in Patients Undergoing Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA).
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 15 Nov 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Atorvastatin; Niacin; Simvastatin
- Indications Atherosclerosis
- Focus Biomarker; Pharmacogenomic; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms MCAT
- Sponsors Merck & Co
- 23 Oct 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 100 to 138.
- 18 Apr 2012 Actual patient number changed from 96 to 100 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 12 Jan 2011 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.