A 12 Week Treatment, Multi-Center, Randomized, Parallel Group, Double Blind, Double Dummy Study to Assess the Superiority of Indacaterol (150 microg o.d.) Via a SDDPI in Patients With Moderate to Severe COPD, Using Salmeterol (50 microg b.i.d.) as an Active Comparator Delivered Via a DISKUS Inhaler.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Indacaterol (Primary) ; Salmeterol (Primary)
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms INSIST
- Sponsors Novartis
- 30 Nov 2015 Discrepancy in dates: EudraCT reports global end date as 09 Oct 2015 where as NCT reports as 01 Oct 2009. Retained it as per NCT as it is a reliable source.
- 25 Dec 2010 Additional trial investigator (Rai K) identified as reported by Clinical Trials Registry - India.
- 22 Sep 2010 Status changed from recruiting to completed, as results reported at ERS.