A Prospective, Randomized, Open Label, Active Comparator, Multicenter, National Trial to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of Sequential IV/PO Moxifloxacin 400 mg Once Daily Versus IV Amoxicillin/Clavulanate 2,0/0,2 g Every 8 Hours Followed by Oral Amoxicillin/Clavulanate 875/125 mg Every 8 Hours in the Treatment of Adult Subjects With Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 Dec 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Moxifloxacin (Primary) ; Moxifloxacin (Primary) ; Amoxicillin/clavulanic acid; Amoxicillin/clavulanic acid
- Indications Bacterial infections; Skin and soft tissue infections
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms MERAK
- Sponsors Bayer
- 04 May 2010 Actual number of patients changed from 804 to 898 as reported by ClnicalTrials.gov record.
- 04 May 2010 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov record.
- 30 Jan 2009 New trial record