A Multicentre, Randomized, Open-Label Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Fondaparinux Versus Low Molecular Weight Heparin (Nadroparin) in Patients Requiring Rigid or Semi-Rigid Immobilization for at Least 21 Days and up to 45 Days Because of Isolated Non-Surgical Below-Knee Injury.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 06 May 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Fondaparinux sodium (Primary) ; Nadroparin calcium (Primary)
- Indications Deep vein thrombosis; Pulmonary embolism; Thromboembolism; Venous thrombosis
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms FONDACAST
- Sponsors GlaxoSmithKline
- 24 Feb 2012 Status changed from recruiting to completed.
- 02 Apr 2010 Additional trial location [Russia] identified as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 11 Jul 2009 Lead investigator identified; stated in an abstract (22nd Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis: 1182 abstr. PC-023, 11 Jul 2009)