A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-blind, Parallel Group, Active-controlled Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Both Aliskiren Monotherapy and Aliskiren/Enalapril Combination Therapy Compared to Enalapril Monotherapy, on Morbidity and Mortality in Patients With Chronic Heart Failure (NYHA Class II - IV). The Study is Also Known as Aliskiren Trial of Minimizing OutcomeS in Patients With HEart Failure (ATMOSPHERE).
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 28 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren (Primary) ; Enalapril
- Indications Chronic heart failure
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ASPIRE-HIGHER; ATMOSPHERE
- Sponsors Novartis
- 16 Nov 2016 Results (n=14,932) of PARADIGM-HF and ATMOSPHERE trials presented at the 89th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association (2016).
- 04 Apr 2016 Results published in the New England Journal of Medicine
- 21 Feb 2016 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.