Prophylactic Azithromycin for Bronchiectasis, a randomised controlled trial to assess whether azithromycin reduces exacerbation frequency, improves health-related quality of life and increases lung function
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 16 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Azithromycin (Primary)
- Indications Bacterial infections; Bronchiectasis
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms EMBRACE
- 18 Aug 2012 Results published in the Lancet.
- 18 Aug 2012 Primary endpoint 'Forced-expiratory-volume-in-1-second' has not been met.
- 18 Aug 2012 Primary endpoint 'St-George's-Respiratory-Questionnaire' has not been met.