A Randomised, Double-blind, Double Dummy, Active Controlled, Parallel Group, Forced Titration Study to Compare the Fixed-dose Combination of Telmisartan 80mg Plus Hydrochlorothiazide 25mg (T80/HCTZ25) Versus Telmisartan 80mg (T80) Monotherapy as First Line Therapy in Patients With Grade 2 or Grade 3 Hypertension (SBP>=160 mmHg and DBP>=100 mmHg).
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 01 Nov 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Telmisartan/hydrochlorothiazide (Primary) ; Telmisartan
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 14 Nov 2012 Results, including prespecified subgroup analyses, presented at the 2012 Annual Meeting of the North American Association for the Study of Obesity.
- 18 Jun 2012 Results published in Clinical Therapeutics.
- 14 Jun 2010 Actual patient number (894) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History