A Randomized, Double-Blind, 3-Arm Parallel-Group, 2-Year (104-Week), Multicenter Study to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of JNJ-28431754 Compared With Glimepiride in the Treatment of Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Not Optimally Controlled on Metformin Monotherapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 19 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Canagliflozin (Primary) ; Glimepiride
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms CANTATA-SU
- Sponsors Janssen Research & Development; Johnson & Johnson
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 01 Dec 2016 Pooled analysis of 7 studies including this one and results of substudy of the CANVAS trial (n=432) were published in the Diabetes Therapy.
- 16 Sep 2016 Results of a post-hoc analysis (n=1450) assessing the effects of Canagliflozin versus glimepiride on the components of metabolic syndrome, presented at the 52nd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History