A randomised controlled trial to evaluate options for second-line therapy in patients failing a first-line 2 nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (2NRTI) and non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) regimen in Africa.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Lopinavir/ritonavir (Primary) ; Abacavir; Non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors; Raltegravir
- Indications HIV infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms EARNEST; EARNEST-GSS-II
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 16 Nov 2015 Primary endpoint has not been met (good disease control at week 96), as per results published in the JAIDS.
- 16 Nov 2015 Results (assessing neurocognitive function) published in the JAIDS.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History