A 6-Month, Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel-Group, Controlled, Multi-Center Study to Evaluate the Incidence of Gastric Ulcers Following Administration of Either PN 400 or Naproxen in Subjects Who Are at Risk for Developing NSAID-Associated Ulcers.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 09 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Esomeprazole/naproxen (Primary) ; Naproxen
- Indications Ankylosing spondylitis; Duodenal ulcer; Gastric ulcer; Musculoskeletal pain; NSAID-induced gastric damage; NSAID-induced ulcer; Osteoarthritis; Rheumatoid arthritis
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors POZEN
- 11 Oct 2010 VIMOVO (naproxen/ esomeprazole) received positive agreement for approval, based on the results of this trial, in 23 countries across the European Union, according to an astrazeneca media release.
- 30 Apr 2010 Exomeprazole/naproxen has been approved by the FDA according to an AstraZeneca media release. The approval was based on results from a clinical programme including results from this trial.
- 28 Oct 2009 Key secondary endpoint results presented at the 74th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American College of Gastroenterology.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History