A 24-Week, Randomised, Double-Blind, Active-Controlled, Multi-Centre Phase IIIb/IV Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Tolerability of Saxagliptin Add-On Compared to Uptitration of Metformin in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus With Inadequate Glycaemic Control on Sub-Maximal Doses of Metformin.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 28 Oct 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Saxagliptin (Primary) ; Metformin
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PROMPT
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 01 Oct 2012 Results published in Current Medical Research and Opinion.
- 23 Jun 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 286 to 454 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History