An Evaluation of the Clinical Utility of Thrombelastography (TEG) in Guiding Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH) and Antiplatelet Prophylaxis of Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) Following Trauma.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 27 Dec 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Dalteparin sodium (Primary) ; Aspirin
- Indications Deep vein thrombosis; Pulmonary embolism; Thromboembolism; Venous thromboembolism
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms VTEPX
- 24 Apr 2014 Number of drugs decreased from 4 to 2. In arm-2, 4 drugs were given previously (Dalteparin sodium/aspirin, dipyridamole/clopidogrel), but presently arm-2 consist of only 2 drugs (Dalteparin sodium/aspirin).
- 16 Feb 2012 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 15 Apr 2011 Planned end date changed from 1 Aug 2010 to 1 Dec 2011 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.