A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, 3 parallel group efficacy and safety study of linagliptin 2.5 mg twice daily versus 5 mg once daily over 12 weeks as add-on therapy to a twice daily dosing regimen of metformin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and insufficient glycaemic control.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 24 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Linagliptin (Primary) ; Metformin
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Pharmacogenomic; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 23 Oct 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 451 to 900.
- 20 Jul 2012 Results published in the Current Medical Research and Opinion.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History