A Phase III, Randomised, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Parallel Group Safety and Efficacy Study of Linagliptin (5 mg Administered Orally Once Daily) Over 12 Weeks Followed by a 40 Week Double-blind Extension Period (Placebo Patients Switched to Glimepiride) in Drug Naive or Previously Treated Type 2 Diabetic Patients With Moderate to Severe Renal Impairment and Insufficient Glycaemic Control.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 01 Feb 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Linagliptin (Primary) ; Glimepiride
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 26 Sep 2013 Results presented at the 49th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- 17 Sep 2013 Data will be presented at the 49th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD), according to a Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History