A Long-term, Multi-centre, International, Randomised Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Trial to Determine Liraglutide Effects on Cardiovascular Events
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 27 Jul 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Liraglutide (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms LEADER
- Sponsors Novo Nordisk
- 27 Jul 2017 According to a Novo Nordisk media release, the European Commission has approved an update to the Victoza (liraglutide) EU label that expands the indication to reflect both improving blood sugar and cardiovascular (CV) events as integral parts of type 2 diabetes treatment.
- 22 Jun 2017 According to a Novo Nordisk media release, the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP), under the European Medicines Agency (EMA), has endorsed an update of the European label for Saxenda to included in the trial data for Saxenda label in Europe.
- 20 Jun 2017 According to a company media release, Novo Nordisk has received positive opinion from the Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee (EMDAC) of the US FDA for inclusion of the data from this trial in the label for Victoza.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History