A Phase III, Multicentre, International, Randomised, Parallel Group, Double Blind Cardiovascular Safety Study of BI 10773 (10 mg and 25 mg Administered Orally Once Daily) Compared to Usual Care in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients With Increased Cardiovascular Risk
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 15 Sep 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Empagliflozin (Primary)
- Indications Cardiovascular disorders; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms EMPA-REG OUTCOME
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals; Unilfarma
- 15 Sep 2017 Results of ppst-hoc analysis presented at the 53rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- 15 Sep 2017 Results of pooled safety analysis in >12,000 patients who were randomized to Empagliflozin (10 mg, 25 mg) or placebo in 15 Phase I-III trials plus 4 extension studies, presented at the 53rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- 15 Sep 2017 Results assessing the rate of change in eGFR in patients with and without heart failure in the EMPA-REG OUTCOME trial, presented at the 53rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History