Exenatide Study of Cardiovascular Event Lowering Trial (EXSCEL) - A Randomised, Placebo Controlled Clinical Trial To Evaluate Cardiovascular Outcomes After Treatment With Exenatide Once Weekly In Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 03 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Exenatide (Primary)
- Indications Cardiovascular disorders; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms EXSCEL
- Sponsors Amylin Pharmaceuticals; AstraZeneca; Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 31 May 2017 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed.
- 23 May 2017 According to an AstraZeneca media release, results from this trial will be presented at the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) annual meeting on 14 September 2017.
- 23 May 2017 Data from this trial published in an AstraZeneca Media Release.