A multicentre, prospective, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, international study to assess the effects of 2 g per day of strontium ranelate versus placebo on the time to fracture healing in osteoporotic men and women.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 22 Aug 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Strontium ranelate (Primary)
- Indications Male osteoporosis; Postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms Fracture healing
- Sponsors IRIS
- 29 Mar 2012 This trial has been completed in Germany and Hungary.
- 22 Feb 2012 This trial has been completed in Czech Republic as reported by European Clinical Trials Database record.
- 11 May 2011 Planned end date changed from 31 Jul 2011 to 31 Mar 2012 as reported by ISRCTN: Current Controlled Trials.