Efficacy and Safety of Eslicarbazepine Acetate (BIA 2-093) as Monotherapy for Patients With Newly Diagnosed Partial-onset Seizures:a Double-blind, Randomized, Active-controlled, Parallel-group, Multicenter Clinical Study.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 28 Jun 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Eslicarbazepine acetate (Primary) ; Carbamazepine
- Indications Partial epilepsies
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Bial
- 22 May 2017 According to an Eisai Co. Ltd. media release, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has approved Zebinix (eslicarbazepine acetate) for use as a once-daily monotherapy to treat adults with newly-diagnosed partial-onset epilepsy based on results from this trial.
- 27 Mar 2017 Results published in an Eisai media release.
- 27 Mar 2017 According to an Eisai media release, eslicarbazepine acetate (Zebinix) has received a positive opinion for use as a once-daily monotherapy to treat adults with newly-diagnosed focal onset epilepsy from The European Medicine Agency's Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP). The CHMP based its decision on positive results from this trial.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History