A phase III, four-armed, randomised, double blind, parallel study to compare the efficacy and safety in type 2 diabetic patients with combined hyperlipidemia of a 12-week administration of Fenofibrate 160mg/Pravastatin 40mg combination versus Simvastatin 20mg in patients without Cardiovascular disease (CVD) (group 1) and of Fenofibrate 160mg/Pravastatin 40mg combination+Ezetimibe 10mg versus Simvastatin 20mg+Ezetimibe 10mg in patients with CVD (group 2), followed by a 12-week safety phase of Fenofibrate 160mg/Pravastatin 40mg combination in group 1 and of Fenofibrate 160mg/Pravastatin 40 mg combination+Ezetimibe 10mg in group 2.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 05 Jul 2012
At a glance
- Drugs Ezetimibe; Fenofibrate/pravastatin; Simvastatin
- Indications Hypercholesterolaemia; Hyperlipidaemia
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PREFED
- Sponsors SMB
- 05 Jul 2012 Actual end date (7 Sep 2008) added as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 05 Jul 2012 New source identified and integrated (European Clinical Trials Database, EudraCT2006-006557-28).
- 05 Jul 2012 Planned number of patients 480, additional drug company, trial locations, actual initiation date (7 May 2007) added and official title amended as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History