A Phase III, Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized, Active-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Sitagliptin Compared With Glimepiride in Elderly Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus With Inadequate Glycemic Control.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 10 Jun 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Sitagliptin (Primary) ; Glimepiride
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Merck & Co
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 04 Jun 2015 Primary endpoint of Least Squares Mean Change From Baseline in HbA1c at Week 30 (for non-inferiority) has been met, according to results published in the Drugs and Aging.
- 04 Jun 2015 Results published in the Drugs and Aging.