An Open Label, Multi-center, Randomized Study to Compare Efficacy and Safety of Daptomycin to Semi-synthetic Penicillins or Vancomycin in the Treatment of Elderly Patients (Aged greater than or equal to 65 Years) With Complicated Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 23 Mar 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Daptomycin (Primary) ; Cloxacillin; Flucloxacillin; Oxacillin; Vancomycin
- Indications Bacteraemia; Gram-positive infections; Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections; Skin and soft tissue infections; Staphylococcal infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 14 Apr 2012 Additional investigational drug identified as (Flucloxacillin, Oxacillin) as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 14 Apr 2012 Actual end date (Mar 2011) added as reported by European Clinical Trials Database record.
- 14 Apr 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 120 to 146 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database record.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History