A Multicenter, Randomised, Placebo- and Active-controlled, 5 Way, Crossover Trial to Characterise the Pharmacokinetics and Evaluate the Bronchodilator Efficacy and Safety of Once-daily Tiotropium Delivered (Double-blind) From the Respimat Inhaler as Solution for Inhalation (1.25, 2.5, 5 Mcg or Placebo) and as Inhalation Powder (18mcg) From the HandiHaler (Open Label) After 4 Week-treatment Periods in Patients With Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 28 Mar 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Tiotropium bromide (Primary)
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Pharmacokinetics
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 28 Mar 2016 Results of pooled analysis of this and other 5 trials (see profiles: 270480, 51486, 270481, 270485 and 15373) published in the Advances in Therapy
- 11 Sep 2013 Results presented at the 23rd Annual Congress of the European Respiratory Society.
- 28 Mar 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 154 to 160 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History