A randomized, double-blind, multicenter, active-controlled, parallel design trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the combination of valsartan/amlodipine 160/5 mg or 160/10 mg versus valsartan 160 mg alone for 8 weeks in hypertensive patients who are not adequately controlled on valsartan 160 mg monotherapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Amlodipine/valsartan; Valsartan
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 07 Nov 2011 Actual end date (June 2005) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 07 Nov 2011 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 23 May 2011 This trial is completed in Latvia and Lithuania.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History