A randomized, double-blind, multicenter, active-controlled, parallel design trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the combination of valsartan/amlodipine 160/10 mg versus amlodipine 10 mg alone for 8 weeks in hypertensive patients who are not adequately controlled on amlodipine 10 mg monotherapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Amlodipine; Amlodipine/valsartan
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 10 May 2011 Actual end date (Jun 2005) added as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 10 May 2011 Actual initiation date (Oct 2004) added as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 10 May 2011 This trial is recruiting in Italy and has completed in Hungary, Latvia and Lithuania.