A Multicenter, Prospective, Randomized, Open-label, Parallel Group Study to Investigate the Clinical Benefit on Hypoglycemia Frequency of 24 Weeks Treatment With Galvus Versus Usual Care (Any OAD of Another Class Added to Metformin Within SmPc) in Older Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Insufficiently Controlled by Metformin Monotherapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 28 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Vildagliptin (Primary) ; Antihyperglycaemics
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms GLYCEMIA
- Sponsors Novartis
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 28 Jan 2015 Last checked against European Clinical Trials Database record.
- 03 May 2012 Actual end date Dec 2011 added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.